Banana Cake With Fernet Branca Frosting!

I usually stick to nail polish but every now & then I like to show a bit about my world. Last week I made a birthday cake for Will that got a thumbs up from our guests. Will loves Fernet Branca, an all natural bitter liqueur made with over 40 herbs and spices sourced from five continents. It's not for everyone but I decided to see if I could incorporate it into a delicious cake since I love to bake with booze!

The first step was choosing a cake flavor that would go well with Fernet Branca's complex & strong flavor. I considered lemon but decided to go with a simple banana cake (no spices just a hint of vanilla) since we had some very ripe ones on hand. Then we mixed up a traditional cream cheese frosting & just kept adding fernet until we got it just right. We ended up using 4 TBSP for a frosting made with one 8 oz package of cream cheese, enough for a 9" x 13" sheet cake. A delicious combination!

Thanks for reading!
April

Comments

Popular Posts