World Cup 2010 "Group of Death" Nail Art


I used my new ManGlaze Matte is Murder for last week's Group of Death games in this year's World Cup. Here's a definition of the term from Wikipedia.
A group of death in a multi-stage tournament is a preliminary group which is unusually competitive, because the number of strong competitors in the group is greater than the number of qualifying places available for the next phase of the tournament. Thus, in the preliminary round, one or more strong competitors in the "group of death" will necessarily be eliminated, who would otherwise have been expected to progress further in the tournament.
Brazil & Portugal made it out this time but Ivory Coast had to go home.

I won all of the ManGlaze polishes recently from Sara of Daily Polish. Thanks again! I used my amazing smARTnails sticker stencils and ManGlaze Hot Mess & Fuggen Ugly for the skulls.

Here's a shot of ManGlaze Matte is Murder before the skulls. It was easy to work with and required three coats.


Thanks for reading!
April

Comments

  1. Awesome mani! We had a "Group of death" or "death squad" as we call thme in Nigeria - Argentina, South Korea and Greece. Well, Greece aren't that good but still. We didn't make it past the first round :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must remember to show this to the missus...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a cool looking manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your definition of Group of Death :D Love Manglaze as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love your nails! And the mani is perfect! <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. amei seu blog!!! quero te convidar para ir conhecer o meu!!!
    :)
    bjnssss
    Luíza
    http://jornaldaluluteen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like the skull and the matte n.p... =) well done

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did a mani once with skulls. I'm really loving yours.
    Oh and I'm having a brand new giveaway on my blog. I just started it yesterday.
    http://susies1955.blogspot.com/2010/06/enter-my-kiss-giveaway.html
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts